WoodChuck34

Default Designing home office with plenty of space... suggestions please

(Alex) wrote in message . com...
Hi folks,

This might be kinda off topic, but I'm designing a computer desk or
room layout for my home office... and I'd like suggestions of others
who have tackled this.

I do web programming, so I have 3 computers with 4 monitors plus a
laptop. The room is 16 feet by 16 feet, and I have two closets.
Idealy the desk will take-up almost two full walls (including corner)
with desk space plus shelves. I also want to pull-up the carpet and
put-in a wooden floor so my chair will roll easier.

Can someone suggest a book or website that covers such projects? Or
if someone has done something similar, can you send suggestions or
photos?

I can do the wood work myself, but the planning is what I'm having
trouble with. Thanks in advance, and take care,

Alex.

Alex,

Take your digital camera to Staples or Officemax and snap away. Tell
them you wanted to take some pictures so your wife can give her
opinion before you buy. They won't hassle you at all.

I didn't do this when I BOUGHT my office desk and I've regretted it
every since. SWMBO thought I had too many projects going and pushed
me to buy instead of making it myself. I bought an O'Sullivan and it
is total crap, but I did realize when it eventually breaks or cracks
or whatever, I will have an excellent template for the new one.

Chuck