Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Atlas Shrugged": From Fiction to Fact in 52 Years

On Jul 23, 9:08*pm, Hawke wrote:

I'm saying that you're harder on Ed than you are on Gummer but I'm not
going to research it to prove it. I call Gummer that name because it's
more appropriate than Gunner, and because he's earned my disdain. He's
lied so many times it's not even funny. He's a mean, nasty, ignorant,
right winger in my opinion. He treats people worse than anyone else
here. To me, he's a class A jerk so I treat him with no respect. I don't
know your opinion of him and don't really care. You're free to like him
all you want but that would affect my opinion of your judgment. Ed can
be a smart ass sometimes too but the difference between him and Gummer
is night and day. You can have a discussion with Ed. It's impossible
with Gummer. He's like a little kid. And a nasty one at that.

Hawke

You are right. I am harder on Ed than I am on Gunner. My view of
Gunner is that he is not serious about a lot of the things he says. I
can not imagine anyone taking the bit about the " Great Cull "
seriously. As I see it he just uses that to get to some people like
you. It is a running gag. And it is hard not to have a little
sympathy for someone living in Taft, California. I have sympathy for
anyone living anywhere in California, but a bit more sympathy for
those in Taft.

Dan