Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default ceiling fan buzzing

On Jul 23, 8:35*am, (Wolfgang Allinger) wrote:
*On 23 Jul 11 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article
*(klem kedidelhopper) *wrote:

On Jul 22, 8:44 am, (Wolfgang Allinger) wrote:
*On 19 Jul 11 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article
Here in PY there are lots of ceiling fans from Wahson/China.

230V/50Hz

They use a separate autotransformer in an aluminium housing (15x9x4
cm) as controller.

It is in series with the motor and has 7 taps and a turning switch
with weird numbered positions from 0 = off and 1=max ... 7=slowest
speed! The motor so gets between 230V and down to some 80V.

I *would like to try the trick with the capacitor in series with the
slowest tap on the speed control

Try if it works and the Motor starts in this position. If not, it might *
become very hot after it stops at a PWR out and return of PWR.

In the worst case, you will see firefigters at your home after you *
return from a party

Saludos Wolfgang

--
Meine 7 Sinne:
Unsinn, Schwachsinn, Blödsinn, Wahnsinn, Stumpfsinn, Irrsinn, Lötzinn..

Why don't I just burn my house down before I leave for the party. That
way at least there won't be any surprises when I return.....Lenny