Bob S.

Default Designing home office with plenty of space... suggestions please

Having a number of computers an monitors hooked up in my home office, I went
with two 8' long fold-up type tables in an L shape against two walls. Now I
can roll my chair along the length of the two tables since underneath is all
open space. I have 3 full size tower systems (server, workstation, test
bed) and I positioned them at the ends and one where the tables form the L
(in the corner). Lots of workspace (which is always full of something) and
lots of room on top for 19" monitors and keyboards. I also have a KVM
switch and it's laying over in the corner someplace since it tended to
create more problems than it solved.

You can get these tables (brown colored tops) at Office Supply stores (or
variants of them) at other places for around $50. Now make yourself a real
desk and plop it in the middle of the room for your "thinking spot". Get
WiFi for the network and your laptop and you're in tall grass!

Bob S.

"Alex" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

This might be kinda off topic, but I'm designing a computer desk or
room layout for my home office... and I'd like suggestions of others
who have tackled this.

I do web programming, so I have 3 computers with 4 monitors plus a
laptop. The room is 16 feet by 16 feet, and I have two closets.
Idealy the desk will take-up almost two full walls (including corner)
with desk space plus shelves. I also want to pull-up the carpet and
put-in a wooden floor so my chair will roll easier.

Can someone suggest a book or website that covers such projects? Or
if someone has done something similar, can you send suggestions or
photos?

I can do the wood work myself, but the planning is what I'm having
trouble with. Thanks in advance, and take care,

Alex.