Posted to misc.consumers.house,news.software.readers
David H. Lipman David H. Lipman is offline

Default Wasps and hornets

From: "Stan Brown"

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:03:22 -0400, David H. Lipman wrote:

That's why I use a water jet.
It doesn't kill them (well, maybe a few), it drives them away and because "flood" is a
natural occurence, it isn't flagged as a an intruder attack and put them on defense and
cause them to seek an attacker.

I agree that the water jet seems safe to the user. But, as you say,
it doesn't kill them. Turn off the water and they come back to the
nest or just build another one, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but
wasps aren't like bees or ants: they don't need a queen to survive.

Instinct would tell them that this wasn't a good place for their nest because of the flood
event and they would find another, in a different location.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp