Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Which ?

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
No synchro on first in a Metro. It *will* go in if you push hard
enough.

Really? My first Mini (circa 1965) had no synchro on first but I thought
they fixed that a few years later. Odd that this still persisted all the
way to the Metro - 15 years later or so.

I *thought* the all synchro A series 'box came in with the Austin 1100.
Long before the Metro, which used pretty well the same power unit. But I
could be wrong. BL certainly converted the B Series 'box to all synchro
for the Austin 1800.

Later Metros source the box from a different maker. Probably to go 5 speed.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.