Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Which ?

In article ,
Alan wrote:
For some reason
Which produces irrational reactions from some.

The overall view in this thread seems to suggest that Which? lost its
way many years ago.

I'd agree with that. However, the explanation is they need additional
income to that from subscription.

They used to have major problems identifying "identical" goods from the
same factory but with different badges/branding. These days I suspect
that that may have even more of a problem where some items may have a
dozen or more badges depending on which outlet is selling the equipment.

There's certainly one instance of this quoted frequently in the newsgroups
whenever Which comes up. ;-)

At one time the reviews by Which? may have been one of the few sources
of independent information but these days you can probably find a better
spread of real customer reviews from well known web sites.

I'm rather suspicious of seller's websites with reviews, since these
reviews are always anonymous. Just check out any site selling snake oil to
see what I mean.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.