Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default pillar drills

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
One point not mentioned regarding power. A couple of hundred watts is
enough for drilling all sizes of hole. More power has its uses, but
might not be something the OP actually needs.

For woodwork I would suggest about 3/4 hp (500W ish) is about right.
That will cope with hole saws, sanding drums, and even a small amount of
wood turning if you can cope with your lathe being rotated 90 degrees!

That agrees with my findings in practice. My current one is 500 watts and
has never stalled. Unlike my eerier one which was IIRC 250 watt.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.