Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default New study on wind energy

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I think you read my position improperly. I do not acknowledge that
the product of resources are limited (e.g., when we run out of
whales, we use Kerosene).

I do display contempt that reductions in a better life now for some
evanescent, gossamery future goal is a good idea.

Your definition of a better life is driven by selfishness. And you
ignore that it isn't some fairy-tale future that needs protecting, it
is a future of any kind.

While you are correct that I won't be around to see what my
great-great-grandchildren have to contend with, I am around now.
That I should swelter in the current heat wave - thereby risking
heat stroke - so that electricity usage will be reduced because we
need to conserve coal so that our progeny may need it, is insane.

We had a ceiling fan installed in our bedroom last year, it allows us
to sleep comfortably without relying on air conditioning nearly as
much which saves money on electricity. The new insulation we put in
the attic some years back helps too both in summer and winter, again
it paid for itself very quickly. I'm not asking you to die of heat
stroke, I'm suggesting that there are ways to go about keeping cool
other than simply running the A/C full blast.

Even IF the claims of "running out" are correct, conservation now is
merely a delaying tactic.

Like I said, selfishness.

Keep cool? Fran Liebowitz observed that "... the outdoors is something
through which I pass between my apartment and my car." In your case, if you
never go outside, you should be okay.

Adam Smith settled this "selfishness" hash in 1776 with the publication of
"Wealth of Nations." When everybody operates in their own self interest,
society overall benefits.

Selfishness is good. It's a normal human thought process or emotion given us
by God, and God doesn't make junk (except, of course, for the gall bladder).