Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Which ?

On 22/07/2011 15:54, Allan wrote:
On 21/07/2011 21:18, Hugh Jampton wrote:
Which is mentioned in another thread. I'm contemplating subscribing to
Which and wondered if anyone is/was subscribed and what do they think of
Which ?

Good - Bad ? Worth the fee ?

TIA.

Agreeing with most of the opinions expressed elsewhere on this thread.

I use it to gte an idea of what's available on the market, what to look
for, then go and do my own research and decisions.

I'm getting a little bit peeved with the way they churn articles. You
don't need articles on washing machines twice a year...

OTOH, which-local.co.uk _is_ useful: I have had good experiences with
using the information (and in fact only yesterday was paying a telephone
engineer that I found via Which Local to do some rewiring who could not
have been more helpful).

Allan

Problem with Which Local is that there is no facility to do anything but
recommend someone. Which will not allow negative reviews. So someone can
get their mate to highly recommend them and nobody can say they were
completely useless. This has been aired in Which forums but they are
scared of being sued and don't see a problem.

I think Which have now completely lost the plot. Glossy magazine with
heaps of pictures and wasted paper. Very short on real detail. If your
priorities are different from theirs it is very difficult to usefully
use the reviews.