Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Repairing "Blown" Double Glazing

On 22/07/2011 15:40, Mr Pounder wrote:
wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 04:46:37 -0700 (PDT), naffer
wrote:

I was about to get some double glazed panes replaced since they have
developed condensation.
A friend has pointed me at a firm called Crystalclear.
This firm claims to be able to repair such windows at some fraction of
the cost of replacement.

Any direct experiences, please?

Not of this company. However it is quite simple to replace the actual
glazing with new glass, which I guess is what they do.

Yes, all they do is replace the glazing.

Looks more like they reckon they can fix existing units.
There was a thread a little while back about this sort of thing and not
a lot of positive comments were forthcoming. I have no personal knowledge.

http://www.crystalclearwindow.co.uk/process/thecure.htm