Posted to misc.consumers.house,news.software.readers
Mike Yetto Mike Yetto is offline

Default Wasps and hornets

Gene E. Bloch writes and having writ moves on.
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:28:30 -0400, Stan Brown wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but they're endangering me and anyone who
visits. I'v

A thought: there are household steam cleaners available, an electric
boiler with a hose with a long nozzle. They're quite portable. Maybe
they cost $100 +- $80 :-)

That might work, but it might also be dangerous - the hornets might be
able to get a few stings in before dying.

Get a small soup can (sauerkraut will do) and screw it through the
bottom to the flat side of a 1x3 about four to six feet long.
Put a small amount of newspaper in the bottom and light it. Then
add some dried moss or semi dried grass to the can. Since there
won't be much air circulating you should get quite a bit of
smoke. This will drive the wasps away from the nest without
provoking an all out attack.

I did this once to rid our shed of several hundred wasps.

Mike "all their nest are belong to you" Yetto
In practice they are not.