Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Which ?

On 22/07/2011 11:13, NT wrote:
On Jul 22, 8:28 am, wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:50:00 +0100, pcb1962 wrote:
On 21/07/11 21:18, Hugh Jampton wrote:
Which is mentioned in another thread. I'm contemplating subscribing to
Which and wondered if anyone is/was subscribed and what do they think of
Which ?

Good - Bad ? Worth the fee ?

I took it for a year. I found that their criteria for judging stuff
didn't coincide with mine - a lot of concern about how easy the knobs
were for old people and stuff like that. Nowadays I only buy Miele
appliances, and I find Amazon reviews far more useful than Which for
judging what's good and what's junk.

Amazon and Argos - Reviews - sort Low to High - ignore idiots (1 star for a
shaver because it had to be plugged in to use it and he 'thought' that it
was rechargeable!) - pick out the factual faults.
I was looking at a Remington shaver. Several instances of the foil wearing
through in under a year and Remington's attitude being 'so what' put me off
- still don't knw what to get :-(

Philips use a hair lifting mechanism for a closer shave. Its a big
cause of skin problems. Braun syncro seems about the best out there,
thotough cuting but not hard on skin, and dont use any lifting system
- but they're not a cheap option.

NT

My skin reacts to so much that I have to dry shave. Never had any
problems with my Philishave though.
Interested about the hair lifting. Perhaps that is why with the latest
one I can get away with being too lazy to shave occasionally without it
taking forever to finally shave and suffering from loads of ingrowing
hairs. Horses for courses etc.