Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT - Which ?

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 03:13:35 -0700 (PDT), NT wrote:

Amazon and Argos - Reviews - sort Low to High - ignore idiots (1 star for a
shaver because it had to be plugged in to use it and he 'thought' that it
was rechargeable!) - pick out the factual faults.
I was looking at a Remington shaver. Several instances of the foil wearing
through in under a year and Remington's attitude being 'so what' put me off
- still don't knw what to get :-(

Philips use a hair lifting mechanism for a closer shave. Its a big
cause of skin problems. Braun syncro seems about the best out there,
thotough cuting but not hard on skin, and dont use any lifting system
- but they're not a cheap option.

I've a deep-rooted objection to paying a lot for something that is basically
the same across the range. A shaver or hair trimmer should just work and not
cause any problems. Added to this is my attitude that such routines are a
waste of time and effort (apart from just feeling/looking better) because
within a v. short time it's back to square one.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away