Posted to misc.consumers.house,news.software.readers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Wasps and hornets

[f'ups to misc.consumers.house, where I should have posted
originally]

For the m.c.h folks, here's my original article:

I usually use Raid's black can, the one with the tight long-distance
spray. It works great, when I can get a straight level shot at the
next. But when the can is tilted even a little, instead of a long
stream I get useless short-distance fog.

My problem is that my porch railing, about waist high, is a bunch of
vertical 2x2s all capped by the actual railing, which is U-shaped so
that the 2x2s fit tightly into the underside of the U. Of course
this is an ideal place for wasps and hornets to build their nests,
and they do. So I can't get a straight shot at the nest. Instead I
have to bend down and spray upward about 45° at the nest, which of
course doesn't work with my Raid spray.

Is there another brand of wasp and hornet killer that works well but
allows the can to be tilted substantially while spraying?

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:40:26 -0500, tommy wrote:

1. go to WalMart or Home Depot to get this stuff [ or anyhardware store ]
2. Bengal is my fav, self contained is most convenient
3. Home Garden Sprayer can be used for many more purposes and will last forever if
you de-pressurize it after each use. Ask someone at the store what concentrate to use
4. If they're not endangering anybody, I wouldn't kill them . They eat garden and
tree worms.

Thanks for the suggestion, but they're endangering me and anyone who
visits. I've been stung once already.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...