Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Proper way to affix 6 pound sledge to hickory handle (metal &wood wedge in slot)?

On Jul 19, 7:36*pm, arkland wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:11:24 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I bought those ugly yellow handles that last forever

The "ugly yellow handles' were both more expensive and quite a bit
heavier (maybe three times heavier) when I held one the wood in one hand
and the yellow fiberglass in the other hand.

So, I opted for good old hickory.

In hindsight, would the installation have been any different on the
yellow fiberglass handles?

Lot more messy as you have to epoxy them in IIANM. Never used one
myself. I prefer the 'spring' in wood handles.

Harry K