Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Proper way to affix 6 pound sledge to hickory handle (metal &wood wedge in slot)?

On Jul 19, 7:34*pm, arkland wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:01:54 -0400, dadiOH wrote:
yes, you have to use
the wedges even if it means skinnying down the handle a bit.

Then I should have skinnied down the hickory handle!

I missed that. You say the handle fits. DO NOT SKINNY DOWN THE
HANDLE. It will be forever loose if you do. Start the wood wedge in
before insertin the handle in the sledge head. Yes, it works fine in
my over 30 years experience do it. It doesn't take much just far
enought that it doesn't fall out while inserting handle.

Harry K