B a r r y

Default Bandsaw Choices

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 04:09:04 GMT, "woodydelsur"
wrote:

I would like a resaw capability of about 10" and they both have that. The
14SE actually has larger resaw capability then the Jet 18.

FWIW, I was recently able to use a riser-equipped,USA made Delta 14",
now known as the X5, and a Jet 18", literally back to back in a school
shop. I compared these two, as I could get the Jet for only slightly
more than the X5.

I bought the Delta, as I preferred it's overall feel and the higher
height of the table. I figure if I really need a bigger table, I can
always make a temporary top from MDF, or even use my shop made drill
press table. I don't really care about stuff like fences on bandsaws,
as I can usually make my own in a minute or two, with clamps and
scrap.

I haven't tried it, but would imagine that the Laguna should blow them
away, due to the price difference. If you feel that the Jet is in the
same league as the Laguna, try out an X5.

Have fun with whatever you buy,
Barry