Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default New study on wind energy

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Uh, there are many things wrong with a government subsidizing
anything. I don't have much problem with research grants, but
subsidizing production is an outrage. Poor Mexicans are almost
starving because the cost of tortillas is almost prohibitive, thanks
to our ethanol subsidies!

Not true. The corn used to produce ethanol is what is fed to beef and
pork (as well as poultry)

which is then fed to them as DDGS

If the poor Mexicans are almost starving because of the cost of
tortillas, it's because they aren't growing enough corn...they aren't
producing ethanol

It was my understanding that, before the ethanol cultists took over the U.S.
government, we exported corn to Mexico. Now, corn growers turn their corn
into fuel, much to the despair of Mexicans.

As a result, literally millions of Mexicans are crossing our borders in what
has become known as "The Great Tortilla Quest"!