Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT... Gold

On Jul 20, 6:03*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
harry wrote:
Now both of our economies are going to hell on a handcart is now the
time to buy gold or is it too late?
If you have any, do you sell? *If you do, what do you do with the
readies? *($).

Buy houses?

Personally, I wouldn't touch gold (or silver) with a three meter stick.
Yes, they may go up more but they appear poised for a very large correction
(both short and long term) and unless you are an experienced AND successful
day trader you would likely get beaten to pieces. *I'm talking about
commodity markets here, not physical ownership. *I wouldn't even buy the
metal now to hold.

IMO, real estate is the bargain of the century. *HUGE buyer's market and low
interest rates. *Yes, prices may go lower and yes, it may take a few years
to really recover but it WILL recover and during the waiting period one can
at least get the benefit of rental income, tax benefits, etc. *You can't get
any income or benefits from metal.

Ask yourself what sort of ROI you could get on real estate then ask yourself
what would give you a better one.

For rental maybe?