Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_2_] Tony Bryer[_2_] is offline

Default Purchasing a car (privately). Payment methods

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:28:20 +0100 Mark wrote :
My last six cars in the UK were bought new and changed at 3 years. On
my Honda Jazz the cost to change (for an identical one) was £4500 - so
£1500pa. no MOT, repairs, tyres, battery or exhaust replacements and
very reasonable servicing. No hassle is worth paying for IMO.

That amount of depreciation is exceptionally small. It would be much
more on a larger car, for example.

Yes, or if you bought a French car or if you chose to spend a lot on
options. I'm always suspicious of the retained value figures quoted for
cars like Audis and BMWs given that AIUI spending several thousand pounds
on options is the norm so price actually paid is a lot more than list,
whilst for other makes discounting is the norm.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com