Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default How to pool chlorinators work?

On 7/17/2011 8:11 AM, wrote:

Lots of trees and stuff here in NJ, and I've yet to spend any $$ on
phosphate remover, nor have I ever had problems attributable to
phosphates. There is debate as to what level of phosphate creates
a real problem, as well as where it may come from. The folks
promoting the lower level of phosphates seem to be in the business
of selling the phosphate removers.

The advantage of a low phosphate level is that you can keep the chlorine
level lower and still not have algae.

The phosphate remover is actually pretty inexpensive if you buy the
commercial, highly concentrated product (PR1000 from Orenda) in the
gallon size. A gallon should last several years.