Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Purchasing a car (privately). Payment methods

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

On 20/07/2011 13:17, ARWadsworth wrote:
Tony wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:53:43 +0100 Andy Champ wrote :
And I've never bought a new car. I rely on guys like you to take the
initial depreciation hit - thanks!

My last six cars in the UK were bought new and changed at 3 years. On
my Honda Jazz the cost to change (for an identical one) was £4500 - so
£1500pa. no MOT, repairs, tyres, battery or exhaust replacements and
very reasonable servicing. No hassle is worth paying for IMO.

You did 3 years on one set of tyres?

Why not? The average life of a tyre is 50,000 km - 31,000 miles, the
average UK motorist drives 9,628 miles per annum.

Had our C4 for 3 years and 3 months, 34k miles, still on original tyres.

Got 50K miles in 9 years out of Defender M+S tyres.