Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob[_4_] notbob[_4_] is offline

Default Get the right tool for the job or 30 years in da pen

On 2011-07-20, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I noticed the trend to criminalize accidents years ago. It seems that
the powers to be at the time were hell bent on placing blame on anyone
involved in an accident and making them pay by bringing criminal charges
against that person.

Revenue. Simple revenue generation. Take DUIs. What's that up to,
now? $8-10K for the first offense. Fines, ongoing alcohol testing
fees, drug abuse class fees, turn-your-life-around class fees, court
costs, etc. Yet, notice how not only has the govt NOT done a single
thing to discourage sales of alcohol, but now seems to be encouraging
it. Hard liquor commercials back on TV for the first time in 40 yrs,
our state allowing the sale of alcohol for the first time since we
gained statehood. Hypocrisy? No, revenue.

We can't just have accidents anymore no matter how unavoidable or
tragic it is because it has become a blame game.

We've got 264 private lock-ups in the US. They gotta be fed so profits
can be made and palms greased:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison%...strial_complex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prison

We've alway believed any dictatorship or all powerful police state
would be the result of some control-the-world despot or fanatical
radical group. Nope. Good ol' democratic capitalism seems to be
doing the job, jes fine.

nb