Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default 72 Triumph Tiger with sidehack

Gunner Asch wrote:

Indeed. I grew up in a Manditory Helmet state..even in the 1960s..but
after loosing a number of friends over the years in states where helmets
were not required..it stuck even deeper in my pysche.

Im also utterly baffled when some moron rides past me wearing sandals,
(usually flip flops) shorts, an open shirt and a helmet. As a one time
EMT...I know exactly whats going to happen to those dumb****s if it goes
west on them. And it WILL go west, sooner or later, when riding a
scooter.

When I get up on a bike..its with boots, heavy trous and good body
covering. If I expect to go more than a mile or two..its a full set of
leathers, gloves, armored vest, etc etc. And Im here able to type this
because I wore the proper gear..and had the proper mindset each and
every time they took their shot at me..

"Every mother****er on the road wants you dead. IThey just havent
decided on when they take their shot at you. Now? 15 minutes from now?
Tommorow? Next week?...So be prepared"

Bikes are way cool! But never ever forget you share the road with a
majority of utter nitwits and brainlocked semiblind buffoons.

Gunner

VERY true... I ride with full leather, a good helmet (no dog dish) and
keep reminding myself that I am the invisible man!

--
Steve W.