Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Get the right tool for the job or 30 years in da pen

On 2011-07-19, wrote:
On 19 Jul 2011 13:17:13 GMT, wrote:

Where does it say he's facing 30 yrs? That's kinda extreme for jes
being stupid.

"...aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony, punishable by up to
30 years in prison."

My browser musta hidden that. I run noscript, which kills a lotta
crap.

Regardless, this country is totally out of control! The patients are
running the asylum.

I ran off an icy road and hit a tree. I was going about 7-8mph. I
wasn't even shaken, but my 83 yr old mom had, unbeknownst to me, taken
off her seat belt and ended up cracking her kneecap. I was sober as a judge and
had superlative medical coverage. Yet, I discovered later, this
"misdemeanor" carried a possible $5K fine and/or 18 mos in jail! ....fer
and act fo god!! So, nothing surprises me, anymore. This country
WANTS to put ppl in prison. It's a growth industry in the US and I'm
not kidding. Putting you in jail is a commercial enterprise.

We are SO overdue.

nb

I noticed the trend to criminalize accidents years ago. It seems that
the powers to be at the time were hell bent on placing blame on anyone
involved in an accident and making them pay by bringing criminal charges
against that person. We can't just have accidents anymore no matter how
unavoidable or tragic it is because it has become a blame game.

TDD