Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Get the right tool for the job or 30 years in da pen

"Smitty Two" wrote in message newsrestwhich-

stuff snipped

Others have presumed him innocent of malice, but I didn't see any
evidence of that. He's definitely an idiot, but that doesn't mean he
didn't attack his son with the saw intending to cause injury.

All we know is what some Florida reporter (IIRC) wrote. We would be lucky
if they even got the name right. Maybe he's the guy who put the kid in a
cast in the first place. We don't know.

But "intent" is essential to our legal system. I am betting that once he
found out what it would cost him to have it removed by a doctor, his
"intent" became to save $ and he decided he could do it on the cheap.

http://www.costhelper.com/cost/health/broken-arm.html

Without health insurance, surgical treatment of a broken arm typically costs
$16,000 or more. For example, surgical treatment of a fracture of the
humerus (upper arm bone) costs about $14,911, not including the surgeon fee,
at Baptist Memorial Health Care in Memphis, Tennessee. According to the
Minnesota Council of Health Plans, non-surgical treatment for a broken arm
typically costs about $2,523. At some point in the "budget cutting" party we
all need to have, we need to ask WTF is going on with medical fees? Am I
the only one wondering why my bills say words to the effect (humor alert):

Non-discounted Cost / Actual Cost / Negotiated Cost / Blue Sky Cost / "X"
adjustment / Don't Ask Fee (doubles if you ask them about it) / "Why"
adjustment / Doctior Willing to accept this insulting discount amount
because if he doesn't we'll blackball him.

You Pay What We Say:

Hell, I might have been tempted to at least Dremel the sucker off myself if
it was a $400 job.

--
Bobby G.