Posted to rec.woodworking
JKevorkian JKevorkian is offline

Default New WD-40 use. was I've Rediscovered WD-40

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:01:08 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

On 7/19/2011 4:44 PM, willshak wrote:

Update:
The other day I was going through the crap stored in my garage to see
what I could throw awayand came across my old softball glove. It was an
old Ted Williams model from Sears, and last used about 15 years ago when
I played in soft pitch beer leagues and could still run between bases at
full gallop.
It looked like hell and seemed more destined for the trash than anything
else. It had mold in places and the lacing straps were kinda stiff and
it didn't fold too easily when I placed it on my hand.
Just for kicks and with nothing to lose, I sprayed it all over with
WD-40 and rubbed it all in, then wiped it with dry rags. The mold was
gone and the laces were soft again. I put it on and it seemed to be as
good as new. It's been a couple of days since and it doesn't even have
an oily smell, although it does have a slightly darker color.

Wow Will. If it'll do that for an old glove, I'm gonna start using it
as a lotion for my old carcass!

I'd try it on the missus first. Wimmins don't need much convincing when it
comes to "restoration and preservation".
In my house, the contents of our bathroom "medicine" chest would make
Jiffy-Lube weep with envy.