Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single axis stepper controller w/single programmable relay output?

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:47:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:
snip
Let me know if the subject comes up. Ive got 3 Omniturn lathes in my
stock and was pondering about setting one up under Mach3

snip
===============
From other posts I thought you were running Linux on some of
your computers. Why not download EMC and see if that will
work? Price is right...

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Installing_EMC2
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl

http://www.dynomotion.com/Help/GCode...ok/node14.html

http://www.yty.net/cnc/bdi.html

I don't know it this is the same EMC, but this site claims
it runs under windows.
http://softwaretopic.informer.com/micros-emc-download/

You can download and install Ubuntu Linux and EMC 2 and burn an installable
CD that will install both on a computer. I used it for a little while. If
its already got Windows on it you can even tell it to set it up for dual
boot at install time. I keep meaning to get back to EMC2, but Mach was a
lot easier (for me) to setup.