Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Fishel Larry Fishel is offline

Default Get the right tool for the job or 30 years in da pen

On Jul 19, 11:19*am, Smitty Two wrote:
Others have presumed him innocent of malice, but I didn't see any
evidence of that. He's definitely an idiot, but that doesn't mean he
didn't attack his son with the saw intending to cause injury.

I agree that that's quite possible but that's not how our system is
"supposed" to work. He probably shouldn't get that much jail time
unless there's evidence that there WAS malice. The son would probably
be the only one who could answer this...and between having his hand
nearly sawed off and the fact that it's his father, I wouldn't
consider him a reliable witness for either side...

But note that the second article doesn't say he's facing 30 years,
just that the crime he's accused of CAN be punished by UP TO 30
years...