Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
D.A. Tsenuf D.A. Tsenuf is offline

Default What 36" Ridgid pipe wrench to keep, AL vs. Iron

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 7/19/2011 6:49 AM, Steve B wrote:
"D.A. wrote

So you don't even know what a "pressure tank", used in a well system is
?
Why don't you look it up and then come back to us...

(what a maroon)...

Well, I always thought that in order for a pressure tank to work, there
had
to be some room for the pressure....

Well, I've been on the sidelines but I read the original suggestion to use
a pressure tank as exactly that--a charged pressure tank free from the
piping system. One would _presume_ he intended charging the water side,
yes, leaving the air side alone...

I would also tend to presume that's why the suggestion of it might work
better than the simple tank charge used in the posting to which he
responded.

OBTW, the (what a maroon) comes from one of the old, old cartoons--I
forget which character/strip now, but that's the reference...

Bugs Bunny is the reference to "maroon"...

As to pressure tanks, they are precharged with a bladder.
When water is pumped in the bladder compresses the "pre-charged" air side.
When the water is release the pressure from behind the bladder pushes the
water out.
Eliminates the need to pump air into a simple tank
Can be had an most hardware and farm supply stores in a variety of sizes.

All you do is pump water in.