Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single axis stepper controller w/single programmable relay output?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:13:58 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

USB to just about any sort of output..serial, parallel etc etc are
commonly available at any computer shop

LOL. Yeah right. Try running a stepper driver off of one.

I have a number of USB adapters that have an external power supply..so
the power needs are NOT taken from the computers USB port.

Want some links?

I want some links to some that will reliably control 3 or 4 axis of steppers
for a million lines of code, and probably a several billion signals, and
will work with just about any step direction driver.

I think you totally missed (or chose to miss) that a cheap generic USB
parallel adaptor will not fill the need.