Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default concrete forms

"Edee em" wrote:

I want to form for a 10x8' concrete pad for a shed. The spot I want the
shed in has a bit of a slope. I believe it to be about 4-5" over a 10' run.
The problem thus is how to build the forms to take out the slope in the
grade. I imagine a 2x4 in the back (high end) and a 2x6 in the front (low
end) but what is the best way to get the sides to go from 4" to 6". Of
course I may be way off in my thinking and would appreciate any other
thoughts.

You don't want to pour a concrete wedge, or use gravel under concrete to take
out the slope. You need to carve into the high side of the ground before you use
standard 2x4 forms for the slab.