Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default For Anyone With Comcast Phone & Internet

bob haller wrote in
:

On Jul 18, 11:11*am, Han wrote:
Bob wrote :

Hello,

So hard trying to get meaningful answers out of their phone reps.

Presently, we have Verizon for our phone service.
Thinking of getting one of the Comcast packages with their phone
service.

Now have 3 phones (extensions) hooked up to Verizon now.
The phones are all wired together, in parallel, in the basement.

If we go with Comcast, do we have to have new Comcast wiring to
each phone jack, or would they just pick up the connection where
the 3 phones are presently wired in the basement, without any new
wiring.

New Comcast wiring would be rough, as we had a devil of a time
stringing thru the walls, etc.

How is this handled, please ?

BTW: *how well does Comcast phone work ? *Any caveats or gotchas ?

Thanks,
Bob

When we went to FiOS way back when, they just cut the wire from the
old incoming copper (used to have DSL at the time) wire to the box in
the basement were the landline phones are hooked to, and wired the
line from the FiOS distributor box to it. *The FiOS tech was all for
"KISS" ...

FiOS works just fine for me ...

--
Best regards
Han

FIOS PHONE WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

SUCKY SERVICE HOSTILE REPS, unreliable phone service...... endless its
your interior wiring even after road techs noted they reproduced the
problem with y home totally disconnected.

After 3 months of agony thery finally found the trouble a bad router
in my central office which effected all FIOS phone customers.

there was more, a backup battery faiure at 3 months from install. they
tried demanding i pay for a new battery.claimed there was no warranty
on batteries...... meanwhile the box beeped alarm 24 / 7. it took 2
weeks to finally get a new battery. there was more but the final straw
was them turning off my business line when all I asked them was cancel
outgoing call package. They did this twice , the first time a hour,
the second time a couple days. I called the presidents office and got
yelled at, had that number from the earlier problem.

VERIZON FIOS SERVICE SUCKS

Sorry you had to suffer. None of that here in 07410. Very satisfied,
really.

--
Best regards
Han