Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default For Anyone With Comcast Phone & Internet

bob haller writes:

On Jul 18, 11:11Â*am, Han wrote:
Bob wrote :
Hello,

So hard trying to get meaningful answers out of their phone reps.

Presently, we have Verizon for our phone service.
Thinking of getting one of the Comcast packages with their phone
service.

Now have 3 phones (extensions) hooked up to Verizon now.
The phones are all wired together, in parallel, in the basement.

If we go with Comcast, do we have to have new Comcast wiring to each
phone jack, or would they just pick up the connection where the 3
phones are presently wired in the basement, without any new wiring.

New Comcast wiring would be rough, as we had a devil of a time
stringing thru the walls, etc.

How is this handled, please ?

BTW: Â*how well does Comcast phone work ? Â*Any caveats or gotchas ?

Thanks,
Bob

When we went to FiOS way back when, they just cut the wire from the old
incoming copper (used to have DSL at the time) wire to the box in the
basement were the landline phones are hooked to, and wired the line from
the FiOS distributor box to it. Â*The FiOS tech was all for "KISS" ...

FiOS works just fine for me ...

--
Best regards
Han

FIOS PHONE WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

Wow, what a charmed life you must be living.

FIOS here in NJ has been 100% excellent.
The service itself works great and every rep I've talked to
is knowledgeable and polite.

Great job by Verizon.

--
Dan Espen