Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default "Atlas Shrugged": From Fiction to Fact in 52 Years

On 7/18/2011 5:00 AM, wrote:
On Jul 18, 3:34 am, "Ed wrote:

And Cato can't even field a decent softball team. My son's team played them
a couple of weeks ago in the "think tank league" in D.C., and beat the hell
out of them. And my son's team is mostly girls. He says the Cato types are
pretty strange. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Another put down by Ed. He probably thinks it is important to field a
decent softball team and that it is relevant to this discussion.

Dan

Some of us like to call a spade a spade. I'm sure that bunch over at
Cato is a bunch of weirdos. I know who Steven Moore is. He's on TV all
the time. He used to be the president of the Club for Growth. He's a
right wing shill. And rather nerdy too.

But this is just more of the right wing propaganda we're constantly
bombarded by from the right wing think tanks, which Cato is one. Once
again a severely biased right winger like Ayn Rand is held up as some
kind of model for how we should think. Why I can't imagine. As a child
in Russia she saw the worst kind of totalitarian government calling
itself communist, and from then on never saw a flaw in any right wing
idea from then on. In other words she was blind to anything wrong with
the conservative ideology from a young age.

What you don't get is that some people and ideas deserve nothing but
scorn and denigration. I think your problem is you don't seem to know
who deserves praise and who should be denigrated. For example you praise
Gummer and denigrate Ed. See, you have that backwards.

Hawke