Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive[_4_] Clive[_4_] is offline

Default Diesoon v. Numatic Those were the days!

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
That seems odd for a "carrion eater"
as I doubt carrion has to be hunted at night for fear that it will see the
cat coming and fly away.
So I am curious about the idea that cats are "carrion eaters" and the
strange "one in a hundred" claim. Seems quite contrary to what I've seen
over the years. However maybe some cat-huggers like to believe such things.

Maybe some cat OWNES bother to observe their cats closely, and dont
talk rubbish.

I've got five cats, three are carpet huggers and only venture outside
for a minute to turd or pee, one I'm not sure about but the last one is
definitely a hunter. He regularly brings in live mice, after dark, and
proceeds to eat them. Whilst think I've only ever seen him with a bird
once or twice. The feathers make a terrible mess and are hard to shift
even with a good vacuum cleaner.
--
Clive