Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Good phillips driver bit

On Jul 17, 11:02*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 7/17/2011 6:22 PM, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 18:08:32 -0500, The Daring Dufas
*wrote:

On 7/17/2011 4:52 PM, Ned Flanders wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On 17 Jul 2011 18:36:07 GMT, *wrote:

I've asked before and got no good answer. Doesn't ANYBODY make a good
quality hardened phillips driver bit for power drivers for screwing
phillips head deck, etc, screws?

I buy the boxes of DeWalt's and have pretty good luck. But I'm moving
to square drive from McFeely's and buying their bits. That and an
impact driver makes a world of difference.

Jim

It only took you guys 100 years to catch on to the "Robertson" screw and
driver (you guys call them square drive). I guess it will only be
another 70 years or so before you move fully to the metric system. :-)

The Robertson Screw Driver was invented in 1908 and has been well used
in Canada for decades.

Most electrical panels and circuit breakers are using screws that will
fit Robertson, Phillips and flat blade screw drivers. The combo screws
make it easy to work on the stuff.

...and that makes it too easy to strip the panel. *DAMHIKT. :-(

I have all the bits in one screwdriver that I carry in my pocket.
I have a Megalok multi bit screwdriver made by Megapro. I bought
from WW Grainger who for some reason quit stocking the Megalok
even though they still sell the other Megapro screwdrivers. The
drivers are made in USA and the best of the type I've ever owned.
I carry all sorts of tools in my pockets, enough that I'm often
called: Inspector Gadget. ^_^

http://preview.tinyurl.com/69emrj8

http://www.megapro.net/

TDD- Hide quoted text -

The Klein 10-in-1 (now 11-in-1, but I still keep calling it a 10-in-1
out of habit) includes two sizes of Robertson as well, FWIW.

nate