Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Diesoon v. Numatic Those were the days!

Albert Ross wrote:
On 17 Jul 2011 14:12:14 +0100 (BST), (Alan
Braggins) wrote:

In article , Albert Ross wrote:
Ours didn't bother too much with birds, they preferred small mammals,
which they would sometimes bring me as a gift.

I was less impressed when one climbed out the window onto the roof and
returned with a bat it had hooked out of the air. Worse still it was
not completely dead

A friend of mine once had his cats bring a rabbit in through the bedroom
window to leave on his bed as a gift. But the jump across from the shed roof
to the window was too much holding a whole rabbit, so they had to chew it
in half first.

Are you sure the cat did that? I've found half rabbits which were
amputated by a fox, maybe the cat just picked such a half rabbit up
and made like it had caught it itself?

For sure rabbits are our cats favourite food.

And for sure they catch em. Cos they bring em in alive.

(Ours mostly just catch mice, with the very occasional bird. I've seen them
with live ones often enough to know that the "99% carrion" thing is ********,
unless you count pet food as carrion.)

Nowadays petfood is mostly Healthy Whole Grains„¢ which is why there's
an "epidemic" of pet obesity and diabetes alongside the human
equivalent