Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Albert Ross Albert Ross is offline

Default Diesoon v. Numatic Those were the days!

On 16 Jul 2011 22:23:58 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:32:47 +0100, Albert Ross wrote:

Cat #2 was terrified of the vacuum cleaner hose but couldn't back away
from it. Maybe she thought it was a snake.

We had a cat like that. We called the vacuum cleaner 'the evil carpet
snake'.

Funny sequel. We were visiting my sister-in-law and her husband. She is
an accountant, and loves board games (you get the picture). We were
persuaded to play Pictionary for the first time.

My wife and I were on one team, SIL and husband on the other. We had one
of those points where you have to describe an item to your partner and
they must guess it before the opposition. SWMBO drew a scared looking cat
and a vacuum cleaner. I said "snake", which was correct. I don't think
SIL has ever forgiven us.

Heh heh.

Dogs tend to freak out at the air current rather than the hose itself.
Water hoses too, one of next door's dogs tries to catch the water when
he's spraying the garden. It also tries to kill the lawnmower and
needs to be locked indoors for its own safety.