Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default Puzzling Toilet Problem

Joerg wrote:

Tony Sivori wrote:

WTF!? Wouldn't a leaky seal leak whether the tank fills very slowly or
at a normal pace? Why would that make a difference?

That points to the fill valve. What kind is it?

A Flushmaster, installed about one year ago.

I sometimes had that happen that on 40 year old Kohlers. Slow leaks,
drip .. drip .. drippity-drip .. drip ... No leaking when shut-off
almost closed but leaks when fully open. It was the little hose that
goes into the overflow pipe.

I think if the fill valve were leaking, the water would overfill the tank.

--
Tony Sivori