Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Just got a bandsaw

On 7/17/2011 5:56 PM, Jack Stein wrote:
On 7/17/2011 6:34 PM, Leon wrote:
On 7/17/2011 5:18 PM, Jack Stein wrote:
On 7/14/2011 2:05 PM, Leon wrote:

You can "now" delete posts by another poster in TB 5.0. and they
disappear.

Not sure about the filter, but the "delete" item in the menu bar is
greyed out and does not work in TB 5.0 when in a newsgroup. It is not
greyed out, and does work when in an email account. This is by design
far as I know?

Is yours different?

5.0 here...

I am using TB 5.0.

Same here.

To delete a sender/poster, click Menu, message drop down, choose Create
filter from message.

Yes, I know all that, but in the past, deleting a message didn't work in
a newsgroup. I'm asking about the menu bar right below the tool bar. You
can customize it however you want, and one of the items is delete.

Ohhhhhh, That deletes e-mail.

This
is greyed out when in a newsgroup so you cannot delete the message. I
would think deleting a message via a filter wouldn't work either.

I'll
have to try it on someone that looks like a troll... Mr Pounder, yeah
that looks shaky enough...

...Yep, now the filter deletes the message just as you say, yet and
still, the delete tool is greyed out in the menu bar....

Click on/Hi light your in box, and the Delete button will no longer be
greyed out.