Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Lamp shade ratings and CFL

"Scion" wrote in message
.. .
The Argos catalogue has lampshades with different ratings for incandescent
and CFL lamps. e.g. Rated for 60W incandescent or 12W CFL.

What's that all about - I thought the rating was to prevent overheating
and
therefore the rated wattage would be about the same regardless of the type
of lamp.

Is it me missing something obvious or is it the Argos catalogue compilers
automatically converting one to the other?

Yes. Just a bit more nonsense that this crap technology has thrown up to
confuse the general public. As an aside, I believe that there was a heated
debate in the US senate about CFLs last week ...

Arfa