Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default I've Rediscovered WD-40

On 7/15/2011 7:12 PM, Phil Anderson wrote:

All good ideas, Robert. I especially like the hose bibb fittings and the
pressure washer. I'll get right on it!

The large rubber bushings/gaskets on my 1 1/2" PVC couplings and
connections on my pool piping used to be a bitch to tighten and needed
at least channel locks to get tight. Once I spray them with WD40 they
hand tighten with ease, and no leaks. Works good on regular rubber hose
washers as well. Seems to keep them in good shape with no age cracks or
dry rotting.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com