Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Single axis stepper controller w/single programmable relay output?

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
On 7/16/2011 11:01 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

I usually get a pretty good shot within 3 tries with one of these
methods.

I've done the same thing, and gotten some great pics. But when I say
macro, I mean extreme macro, going into the world of small at a level of
detail not visible to the naked eye. Well, not mine anyway!
Like this sort of stuff:
http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/gallery

BTW, I hardly know what I'm doing so far, but I have a brother that is
exceedingly talented with photography. He could seriously make a living at
it, even as competitive as the field is. But he does it just for personal
enjoyment.
He's my mentor. When he suggests something, I listen!

How about using a simple CNC mill with trigger outputs on the controller,
and writing a bit of code. Move the head .001, fire the trigger, move the
head .001, fire the trigger. Could use a spindle relay output etc. I
could mod one for the application I bet in half a day.