Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default removing and replacing asbestos cement garage roof

On Jul 17, 3:59*pm, (Alan Braggins) wrote:
In article , wrote:

Corrugated sheet asbestos is really not terribly dangerous stuff,
although it is much heavier than you expect. I removed the roof of my
old garage myself, and at that time Cambridgeshire council accepted
sheet asbestos ( in small quantities) at the recycling centres.

These days Cambridgeshire only accept it at one site, and you have to
arrange it in advance, bringing it in bags they provide.

Back then - I explained on the phone that I had a whole garage roof to
get rid of - chappie told me each centre could only accept one sheet,
but I could go round each centre and get rid of a sheet at a time. No-
one watching at Milton - woosh - all went in the same asbestos-
handling skip.

I now live in West Norfolk - their policy could be summarised as "we
don't accept any quantity of waste of any kind". Oh and "you've got to
have this waste incinerator, even though 95% of you voted against it".