Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Garrett Fulton[_2_] Garrett Fulton[_2_] is offline

Default don't take the beer

On 2011-07-15, David R. Birch wrote:
On 7/15/2011 7:07 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
You may have heard MN state gov'ment shut down. The pols just settled.
The reason, beer licences had expired and many brands were due to be
pulled off the shelves. Don't take our beer.

The settlement is disgusting. The ultimate kick the can down the road
solution. Borrow from here, there, everywhere and say now the budget
is balanced. Probably a prelude to what is going to happen in DC next
month. We're getting the government we deserve.

Karl

Miller sent in a check for their Mn state license, but the check was
more than required, so the licensing board sent it back. Before they
could process the new check, the state shut down, so Miller couldn't
sell product.

NBD, life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I cannot drink any beer besides Miller lite.

The more expensive is the beer, the more vile and disgusting the
taste, as far as I am concerned. I am going to stock up on Miller Lite
now.

Although I appreciate the beer you gave me when I was out there, if I see
you next month when I head for Aurora, I'm bringing a sixpack of Beck's.
Or maybe some Dinkel Acker. That will make your tongue roll up like a
windowshade and your ears will flap like a hummingbird's wings.

OK, deal.

Been spending 2/3 of my time at a job in eastern Germany for the last 3 1/2
yrs. At the Leipzig/Halle Flughafen, (airport).
3 beers you guys need to try if you get over there are Leikeim, Gessner, and
the lower priced one all the the east Germans drink, Ur-Krostitzer.
It's all I can do to drink beer back in here in the US anymore. Hate to
come across as a beer snob, but I have seen the light. The Germans have
beer and sausage figured out. Big Time.
Just my .02, but I'm right.

Garrett Fulton