Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Single axis stepper controller w/single programmable relay output?

On 7/16/2011 2:02 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

(buncha links)

Ok, I looked at your links. Now you look at this one:
http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/gallery

Tell me how I'm going to get that top shot at that level of detail with
a pinhole camera. Or with the 135mm f/32 lens I found on ebay. A screw
on close-up adapter, or conventional lens.

My macro bellows with an M42 adapter gives me a world of manual focus,
top quality lenses to chose from. Names like Zeiss. And many of these
lenses perform much better with a reversing adapter. Flexibility and
choices.

I'm not ignorant of photography by any means. I understand depth of
field and such reasonably well. What I want to do, isn't going to be
done with pinholes, screw on adapters, or a lens that merely stops down
to f/32. What you are talking about is valid and has it's place in
photography. Extreme macro work is a different place and calls for
different tools.
And it's my dang hobby so if I want a CNC macro stacking rail, by God,
I'm gonna have one!

Jon