Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Painting vinyl? ? ?

On Jul 15, 8:39*am, "Ray" wrote:
The base of the downspouts on our building are some kind of vinyl or hard
plastic -- I think it has a name of initials, like PCP or some such.

They are white, and I'd like to paint them brown to match the aluminum
downspouts.

Does this material paint all right? Would I need to use a primer, and if so,
what kind?

And what kind of paint?

I used Krylon to paint mine, Since then I have used latex over the
Krylon and it works well too. Some of the spots that was just latex
directly on the PVC didnt hold up so well. but not that badly either.
It didnt start peeling off until after it started to fade. I know the
automotive suppliers sell primer for plastic. This would probably be
good.

Jimmie

Jimmie