Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:40:24 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/14/2011 1:24 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

How shallow is that light box? So, did you slit one side and allow
the lexan to slide out from the side in order to clean it or to change
lamps?

The dimensions of the unit are 8 1/2" x 45" x 45", with each square
being 14".

The Lexan has a 1 3/4" space behind it and 6 1/4" in front of it. It is
mounted over a cavity in the wall for the lighting and electrical. It
would be even better if there were more space behind it, but walls are
only so thick.

Oh, did you gut the studs? It appears that the lamps are horizontal.

The top is the same dimension as the sides, except it is two pieces,
separated by a 1/4"+RCH slit for the Lexan to slide into ... a tight
fit, but part of the spec. (mind out of the gutter, guys!)

Doesn't light escape from the top that way?

I can imagine. I hope you made more than a buck on it.

mas or menas ... not much to it.

I believe it's "mas o menos", and half a day's pay is better than a
KITN, wot?

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer